niedziela, 7 lipca 2013

I've made a Fool for myself

I'm really enjoying "The Way of Tarot" by A. Jodorowsky and M. Costa. I expected it to be harder to read, but when I started, I couldn't stop! It's very interesting, although I do not agree with every line written there - but again, tarot is a very personal thing. And this book made me appreciate Tarot de Marseille pictures more... I used to see them as ugly, but now I understand their sublime beauty. Also, the cards restored by Caimon and Jodorowsky are marvelous in my opinion. Maybe one day I'll buy them... I have a Fournier edition of TdM and in comparison it looks so stripped of details! And the lines are not as clean as those needle-sharp lines from Caimon-Jodorowsky cards.
When I read the "monologue of The Fool", I felt that the essence of this card is what I'm lacking right now.
"Do not be afraid of freeing the instinct, no matter how primitive. Going beyond the rational does not mean denying the mental force: be open to the poetry of intuition, to flashes of telepathy, to voices that do not belong to you, to words that come to you from another dimension...".

Although I'm reading tarot, although I'm trying to be open, the control of the intellect is very strong in me. So - on an impulse - I decided to redraw the card "Le Mat".
In "The Way of Tarot" there are reproductions of all the Major Arcana in large scale. So first I took tracing paper and traced the image by pencil. Then I turned it to its back to trace it from behind - so I could transfer it to a piece of paper. Of course I made a mistake and transferred the mirrored image instead, then the right way. But the lines were not very visible anymore. Thus I had to draw it very carefully...

Then I painted the image with watercolours, using the colour pattern from Caimon-Jodorowsky edition and with a nib and ink I drew the outlines.






Almost finished:


The result. All in all I drew every line FOUR times!

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz